Yale University Drama Series Playwriting Competition 2021 – 2022 for All Nationalities
Yale University Drama Series Playwriting Competition 2022 for All Nationalities, Yale Drama Series Playwriting Competition: Apply Applications are welcomed from qualified play writers all over the world for the Yale University Drama Series Playwriting Competition 2022 where the winning play will be selected by the series’ current judge, Paula Vogel.
The Drama series seeks to recognize and award playwriters who are passionate about advancing their professional career
By publishing serious works that contribute to a global understanding of human affairs, Yale University Press aids in the discovery and dissemination of light and truth, lux et veritas, which is a central purpose of Yale University. The publications of the Press are books and other materials that further scholarly investigation, advance interdisciplinary inquiry, stimulate public debate, educate both within and outside the classroom, and enhance cultural life. In its commitment to increasing the range and vigor of intellectual pursuits within the university and elsewhere, Yale University Press
Aim and Benefits of Yale University Playwright
The Drama Series winner will be awarded the David Charles Horn Prize of $10,000 USD, a staged reading or virtual performance and publication of their manuscript by Yale University Press.
Playwriting Competitions 2021 – Series is seeking submissions for its 2022 playwriting competition. The winning play will be selected by the series’ current judge, Paula Vogel. The winner of this annual competition will be awarded the David Charles Horn Prize of $10,000, publication of their manuscript by Yale University Press, and a staged reading or virtual performance. The prize and publication are contingent on the playwright’s agreeing to the terms of the publishing agreement.
Playwriting Competition 2021 – 2022
There is no entry fee. Please follow these guidelines in preparing your manuscript:
- This contest is restricted to plays written in the English language. Worldwide submissions are accepted.
- Submissions must be original, unpublished full-length plays, with a minimum of 65 pages. Plays with less than 65 pages will not be considered. Translations, musicals, and children’s plays are not accepted.
- The Yale Drama Series is intended to support emerging playwrights. Playwrights may win the competition only once.
- Playwrights may submit only one manuscript per year. Only manuscripts authored by one playwright are eligible.
- Plays that have been professionally produced or published are not eligible. Plays that have had a workshop, reading, or non-professional production or that have been published as an actor’s edition will be considered.
- Plays may not be under option, commissioned, or scheduled for professional production or publication at the time of submission.
- Plays must be typed/word-processed and page-numbered.
- The Yale Drama Series reserves the right to reject any manuscript for any reason.
- The Yale Drama Series reserves the right of the judge to not choose a winner for any given year of the competition and reserves the right to determine the ineligibility of a winner, in keeping with the spirit of the competition, and based upon the accomplishments of the author.
The Yale Drama Series Competition strongly urges electronic submission. By electronically submitting your script, you will receive immediate confirmation of your successful submission and the ability to check the status of your entry.
Electronic submissions for the 2022 competition must be submitted no earlier than June 1, 2021 and no later than August 15, 2021. The submission window closes at midnight EST.
If you are submitting your play electronically, please omit your name and contact information from your manuscript and submission file name. The manuscript must begin with a title page that shows the play’s title, a 2-3 sentence keynote description of the play, a list of characters, and a list of acts and scenes. Please enter the title of your play, your name and contact information (including address, phone number, and email address), and a brief biography where indicated in the electronic submission form.
If you would like to submit an electronic copy of your manuscript please go to: https://yup.submittable.com/submit.
The Yale Drama Series Competition strongly urges applicants to submit their scripts electronically, but if that is impossible, we will accept hardcopies.
Submissions for the 2022 competition must be postmarked no earlier than June 1, 2021 and no later than August 15, 2021.
If you are submitting a hard copy of your play, the manuscript must begin with a title page that shows the play’s title and your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address (if you have one), and page count; and, a second title page that lists the title of the play only, a 2-3 sentence keynote description of the play, a list of characters, and a list of acts and scenes. Please include a brief biography at the end of the manuscript, on a separate page.
Do not bind or staple the manuscript.
Do not send the only copy of your work. Manuscripts cannot be returned after the competition. If you wish receipt of your manuscript to be acknowledged, please include an email address on the title page or a stamped, self-addressed postcard.
playwriting competitions 2021
playwriting contests 2021
international playwriting competitions 2021
play writing competition 2021
bbc playwriting competition 2021
bbc international playwriting competition 2021